Tuesday 8 March 2011

More bag love

Ok, so shoot me, but I'm loving my birthday bag so much that I'm dedicating two posts to it this week. Today is its debut, as I'm bringing it out for its first wear in Covent Garden. Yes, so I've also been forced to carry a massive overspill bag, as my beautiful, compact new satchel is juuuust a little too compact for the amount of STUFF I need to carry on a daily basis. And by overspill bag, ladies, I think you know what I mean - that extra bag we carry alongside our normal handbag, which contains all manner of things, from lunch in a Tupperware to snacks, a water bottle, magazine, extra cardi in case we get cold at work. Men, of course, would never have the need for an overspill bag, as the majority of them would never think to take a packed lunch in to work, buying it every day instead (and thus reducing the need to wash things up, the clever, less frugal, things). Men also dress appropriately for the weather, rather than just wearing something that looks nice, and therefore would not have the need for an extra cardi. Nor do they think in the same 'What If' way that we do, so it wouldn't occur to them to take extra food/clothing/accessories to work in case of afternoon hunger/coldness/spontaneous drinks after work.

I feel there is more to discuss about the ubiquitous Overspill Bag, so I will revisit this at a later date. Also, I think it's about time I sorted myself out with a more stylish version, which I will look into. At the moment, the choice is either a cheapy lightweight cotton reusable number or a 'posh plastic bag' (you know - Harrods bag, mini boxy Selfridges bag, Carluccios bag or anything from a nice clothes shop that has rope handles).

For today, though, I will ignore the inconvenience of my OB and concentrate on the gorgeousness of my mini satchel, while also enjoying its similarities with this-season's designer versions. BAG LOVE!!

White top, H&M; stripy top, River Island; skinny combats and boots, Primark; scarf, gift from India; bag, Warehouse
Prada, £850
Versus, £930
Bag pics: Elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment