Friday 4 March 2011

Flat mates: day 5

Today was quite exciting, as I took part in a photo shoot for Mother & Baby magazine. I'm writing a feature called Great Expectations, which is basically a pregnancy diary, and as part of the feature I have a photo taken while I'm 'Baby On Board', and then another en famille once my Plus One arrives! So I've obviously spent the entire week marinating myself in St Tropez Gradual Tanner in order that the camera lens didn't crack with shock at my Night Of The Living Dead complexion, and have been going through potential arriving-at-the-shoot outfits, despite the fact I knew I'd be asked to change into something the stylist had picked for the shot.

The reason I spent so much time thinking about my arrival outfit was so that they got an impression of my 'style' and saw that I'm a skinny-jeans-top-and-blazer kinda gal who wears leopard-print scarves (a lot) and cocktail rings. This was in a vain hope that they didn't decide to plonk me in some shapeless polka-dot maternity tent to be captured on film for prosperity and ruin my reputation as a bump-sporting style goddess. Ahem. But obviously they've moved on from empire lines and bow-decorated blouson mamma-frocks these days, and they even let me keep on the trousers I arrived in!

Anyhoo, so the final installment of Flat Mates Week has me in leather-look Jojo Maman Bebe trousers, a plain V-neck sweater and an off-white blazer. I have to admit I cheated and wore my multi-buckle wedges rather than flats, for the first day this week. Oops. They just looked so much better with the leather trousers, soz. And for the shoot these were teamed with a John Rocha tunic-style pale green top with an embellished neckline (as well as uber-glam tonged hair and fabulous make-up, obvz). I'm afraid you won't get to see the shoot until it comes out in the mag, but in the meantime, I've included a photo the editor Jemma took of me being snapped in the dazzling sunshine. Happy Friday everyone!

What I wore to the shoot: blazer, Zara; sweater, Banana Republic; trousers, Jojo Maman Bebe; wedges, Primark
Perched on the steps mid-pose, trying to push my tummy out so I looked more pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment