Tuesday 30 November 2010

Snowjogger joy

Continuing with this week's 'Bugger me, it's cold' theme, I'm avoiding inadvertent ice-skating on the way to work (inadvisable when you're with child, apparently) with my ski holiday favourite, The Snowjogger. It was with a childlike joy that I first stumbled across these beauties a few years ago, when searching for apres-ski footwear (trainers too cold, Uggs too slippy). I say childlike, because I remember the unadulterated glee upon wearing my first pair of moon boots when I was little. Somehow, padded, thick-soled footwear in wintry colours makes me feel like a cross between an astronaut and some sort of sci-fi superhero. Anyway, aside from giving me the chance to secretly turn myself into some fantasy comic book character, they're also very effective at keeping feet warm and dry in snowy, freezing conditions, while also preventing you from sliding all over the place like Bambi on ice. The fact that I teamed them with shiny, spandex leggings and day-glo pink thermal socks is merely coincidental and nothing to do with furthering my sci-fi fantasy. At all.

Snood, Primark; sweater, UniQlo; long vest (beneath), H&M; fingerless indoor gloves, Peacocks; leggings, UniQlo; thermal ski socks, ski shop; Snowjoggers, Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment