Monday 22 November 2010

Christmas wishlist

Walking past Liberty's of London on Friday night, I was entranced by the magical Christmassy window displays. They practically had me drooling with all the goodies showcased inside. And it made me think. Being a bit of an organised type, at Christmas I like to send an email round to the nearest and dearest with a list of a few things I'd like, so nobody has to worry about what to buy, and I don't have to worry about pretending to like something that's only going to collect dust. Usually, I add things I need to this list, and practical items I'd be buying myself anyway - moisturiser, books, electric toothbrush, etc. But when I stared through those Liberty windows, all sparkly and glittery and filled with all manner of fabulous designer trinkets, I thought, for one indulgent moment, 'Wouldn't it be nice to make a wishlist of shiny, fabulous, uber-expensive presents that I don't need at all, that I just wanted, for the sake of how deliciously lovely they were?' So make a list I did. What do you think my chances of opening any of them on Christmas morning are? Santa, if you're listening, I promise I've been a very good girl...

Louis Vuitton's aptly named Beauty pump in crocodile skin, £6,100
Kenneth Jay Lane 22k gold Star bracelet, £100

Roberto Cavalli printed silk georgette kaftan £1,085
Smythson Panama diary from the Damson collection, £118
Clive Christian No.1, the world's most expensive perfume, contained within a crystal bottle adorned with a white diamond, £2,700 for just 30ml!

No comments:

Post a Comment