Friday 26 November 2010

Faux yes

My Fabulous Friend is lending me one of her faux fur jackets for the black-tie wedding I'm going to in December - black tie + December = glam + cold. And there's nothing more warm-but-glam than fur, faux or otherwise (but for the sake of not upsetting any sensibilities, we are sticking with the faux option). Ridiculously, I still don't own a fur coat. I say ridiculously, as I've lusted after one ever since I moved to London and saw loads of lucky bods who'd picked one up for £3 or something insane at a cool charity shop (vintage, dahling). And yet I've still never managed to get my greedy little paws on one, despite possibly owning one of nearly every other conceivable type of coat in existence (see Subconscious hoarding).

And as I've already cracked and worn said friend's jacket before the event I had actually borrowed it for*, I thought it best that I should start researching my own inevitable purchase. And so here are a few contenders - and I'm actually rather partial to the Asos Maternity one from my Bumpy coats post, now I'm all set for bumpage myself. I'll let you know if I choose one.

*NB, Fabulous Friend is already aware that I've cheated by wearing her coat on a separate occasion to the one for which it was intended. But it was scan day, and I thought I'd go glam for my first meet-the-baby event. I thought Plus One would appreciate me making an effort.

George at Asda, £29
French Connection, £120
New Look, £54.99
Dorothy Perkins, £85
Fashion Union, £35
Matthew Williamson rabbit fur panel coat (I know, I know, rabbit fur), £2,050. Not an actual 'contender', no, but just so lovely I wanted to stare at it a while, sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment