Tuesday 9 November 2010

Denim skirt: winter upgrade

I was sifting through my wardrobe working out what to wear this week, when I came across one of my summer favourites - a denim pencil skirt. My first thought was to relegate it to my summer wardrobe, but then I decided it could easily be brought into the new season with the addition of some tights and a warmer layer. Which is what I've done today. Grey woollen tights and a long-sleeved navy Tshirt with a print swing top over it and a pair of warm ankle boots and I'm good to go. I could equally have teamed it with opaques, a chunky court shoe, a silky blouse and a cashmere cardi and gone for smart-casual office chic (ooh, now that's an idea, might have to remember that one). Summer staple gets a winter overhaul.

(Excuse the clunky cut-out...) Print top, New Look; navy top, UniQlo; skirt, Miss Sixty; tights and boots, Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment