Monday 29 November 2010

Warm preppy

Not that Brits are obsessed with talking about the weather (did someone say national pastime?), but blimey-oh-Riley, my goosebumps have got goosebumps. Which means extra outfit consideration, as one wants to look good, but one also wants to be able to feel one's extremities, and dressing to keep warm can be a tricky affair indeed. As usual, I'm going to rely on the trusty trick of layering this week, and am hoping this will help me keep the chill out, while also hoping I don't over-layer and thus render myself Weeble-shaped (plenty of time for that once the bump starts growing).

So, today's get-up is a preppy affair, but with a long-sleeved thermal number beneath the chiffon short-sleeved shirt, and then a sweater over the top of that. Beneath my trousers - lined, thank God - I'm wearing long socks inside long boots, and I'll be further wrapping myself in my long, heavy wool coat with the funnel neck, and maybe even a hat for good measure, for the chilly walk to work. Oh, and if it's really brisk out there, I may have to swap my stylish leather gloves for my ski gloves. Yes, they may give me sausagey fingers, but better than stumps where my fingers have dropped off due to frostbite (never a good look. Where would my cocktail ring go?).

Sweater and chiffon shirt, both Primark; trousers, H&M; boots, Dune

No comments:

Post a Comment