Tuesday 16 November 2010

Hat weather

It's a little bit blowy out there... So instead of wrestling with a brolly that's doing its damndest to turn inside out and have me looking like an Irish wolfhound that's been dragged through a hedge backwards, I'm opting for some stylish headgear instead. I do love a hat, and am mainly partial to a fedora or a trilby. But I love the idea of really upping the style stakes in a vintage-style cloche just as much as I like slumming it in casual gear and a woolly baker-boy. And when those snowflakes start to drift down from the winter sky (let a girl daydream that London winters are just like Disney winters...), snuggling up and looking all ski-bunnyesque in a faux-fur number gives me my own Dr Zhivago moment. The less said about hat hair the better, though, really. That's when dry shampoo comes into its own...

Tweed trilby, New Look



Burberry Peaked wool-felt cap
$225 - net-a-porter.com
Cap hat »
Eugenia Kim Woven Samantha Hat in Black/Cream
$180 - shopthetrendboutique.com
Black hat »
Rag & Bone Floppy Brim Fedora
$140 - shoplesnouvelles.com
Fedora hat »
Anthony Peto Mohair trilby hat
120 GBP - brownsfashion.com
Anthony Peto hats »
Netherfield Hat
89 GBP - aubinandwills.com
Faux fur hat »
Tilly hat Scarlet
49 GBP - houseoffraser.co.uk
Hobbs hats »
Tarnish Dip Dye Wool Felt Cloche
$38 - nordstrom.com
Hats »

No comments:

Post a Comment