Friday 29 October 2010

Friday shirt and jeans

It looks like my wardrobe planning for the week was a good idea after all. I wasn't feeling overly well this morning, so the last thing I needed was the extra effort of having to think of something to wear. And jeans and a stretchy but smart shirt was a nice, easy outfit and just what the doctor ordered (with the addition of a polka dot ribbon for interest/personality). Tousled hair and jeans stop the shirt from looking too stiff and formal. I'm pleased with my accidental foresight into what I would feel like wearing today.

Only once this week did I start thinking 'Ooh, that's a nice idea, I might wear that tomorrow...' - but then I remembered this week's rule and decided sticking to it was much better for the experiment. Also, it means I have a cute outfit idea up my sleeve for next week, which can't be bad. I'm also thinking about  trying out one of those style apps, where you can upload pics of your wardrobe and mix and match outfits that way. Genius. But for now, my old-school method of planning my week ahead on a Sunday evening has proved a success. Hurrah for sartorial organisation.

Shirt, Ralph Lauren; jeans, Dorothy Perkins; boots, Peacocks

No comments:

Post a Comment