Monday 11 October 2010

Transseasonal dressing

I loved my maxis so much over the summer that I can't bear to pack them away for AW. So I won't. I will instead be utilising the clever process of layering, in order that I can drift seamlessly into the new season in one of my summer must-haves. Today I made my maxi AW-ready by adding a checked shirt over the top and knotting it in the middle, then wearing it with thin socks and ankle boots. Incidentally, it's my husband's Superdry shirt. Must get my hands on one of those babies myself, as I'm always nabbing his, poor soul. 

I also like the idea of layering with a thin V-neck sweater over the top, and with a long-sleeved Breton top either underneath (with a belt to avoid bulkiness) or over the dress. Or simply slipping a longline cardi on, leaving it open and belting it around the waist, to add shape (see 1 maxi, 6 ways). Ankle boots, long boots and loafers all work well with maxis when the weather gets cooler. 

Transseasonal dressing - it's just a case of clever layering.

Shirt, Superdry; maxi, Topshop Boutique; ankle boots, Peacocks

1 comment:

  1. All I can think of with that shirt is cowboy boots and jeans...
    Maja

    ReplyDelete