Wednesday 13 October 2010

Shorts day to night: part one

Tonight, I'm hotfooting it into Covent Garden for a burlesque lesson with the fabulous Polly Rae at the famous Pineapple Studios. I need a quick turnaround after work, and therefore decided it would be easier to work with a daytime look that I can turn quickly into a nighttime look. So I'm starting out with my faux leather shorts, made work-friendly with thick grey woollen tights and a white shirt worn smartly, and a long chunky knit brown cardi over the top.

Later I shall transform, Superman-style, into Burlesque Girl! Or at the very least into someone dressed in an outfit that's suitable for shaking my thing in and also has a sassy edge (as is only fit when you're going to be shimmying away with one of burlesque's finest). In order to do this, I will be changing tights, ditching the cardi, slipping into fabulous patent heels and wearing my shirt differently. I may even add a sultry red lip, depending on how foxy I'm feeling...

Nipple tassels optional.

Cardi, New Look; shirt, M&S; shorts, Next; tights and wedges, Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment