Sunday 3 October 2010

Smart-casual, Aniston style

I tend to amass piles of magazine tears. By tears, I mean pages I've torn out of various glossies, usually because they'll have a picture of a celeb/model/person on the street wearing an outfit that inspires me (I also tear out recipes I tell myself I'm going to try, hairstyles I want to copy, websites I want to log on to... Seriously, I'm a walking fire hazard of paper trails). So today was one of my regular cull-or-file days, and I've spent a good few hours going through my piles, ditching anything non-essential/I'm now bored with and filing anything that still inspires.

While doing this, I came across a few outfits sported by everyone's favourite girl next door (I was always Team Aniston) the gorgeous Jennifer A herself. She manages to do the whole smart-casual thing so well, especially when she's airport-bound - no tottering across the concourse in a bodycon dress and sky-high Loubous, a la Vicky B, Jen knows that denim, a fitted T, a well-knotted scarf and shoes you can walk in are way more travel-friendly.

One of my favourite looks of Jen's, though, is her super-chic crisp white shirt, bootcut jeans and sharp black blazer combo. Classic, timeless, endlessly flattering and totally copyable. It's just so simple in its perfection, and it made me decide to pop out the white shirt look myself for work tomorrow. In fact, it got me thinking about how versatile white shirts are in general, so I shall be posting a '1 white shirt, 6 ways' post very soon. When it comes to Wardrobe Essentials, this one's way up on my list.
                          

No comments:

Post a Comment