Thursday 2 December 2010

Uniqlo Heat Tech Frenzy!

And the award for services to layering this season goes to... Uniqlo, surely, for it's amazing Heat Tech range, without which, I'd be bundled up in all manner of unflattering uber-padded garments. I stocked up on more of its heat-generating clothing last night just to see me through this wintry burst of weather.

Quick rundown without turning into a press release: basically, Uniqlo's Heat Tech range is a collection of lightweight clothing in fabric that creates heat to insulate you. And when layered underneath normal outfits, they keep you from turning blue (when we all know this season's colours of choice are camel and red, so we don't want that). Simply put, it means you can wear less in winter and avoid turning into a woolly mammoth. There are some good offers on too, as long-sleeved Ts are only £12.99, or buy two for £19.99, as I did last night (you can't beat a black or neutral-coloured long-sleeved scoop neck for layering under jumpers, dresses, etc). Considering the five women in front of me in the queue all had at least one Heat Tech item, too, it's proving a fashion hit.

My haul? The two long-sleeved scoop necks (black and royal blue, in case I need an extra layer underneath my similar colour dress for this weekend's wedding); a pair of grey leggings, £12.99, which I'm wearing underneath a normal pair of leggings today, and a two-pack of knee-length patterned socks for boots. Uniqlo, I salute you.

*NB Uniqlo's also doing a limited offer on pure cashmere sweaters for £49.99 at the moment (normally £69.99). £49.99 for 100% PURE CASHMERE! And free delivery online, too. Seriously, I should be on commission...



1 comment:

  1. I never believed HEATTECH thermal clothing would actually work in generating heat, but after purchasing some of the garments it really does - it's been keeping my cosy warm through these freezing, snowy days.

    ReplyDelete