Tuesday 21 December 2010

Signature outfit of 2010

Today I reckon I'm wearing what has become one of my signature looks of the year – a sweater and leggings combo. It's particularly come in handy since my middle has begun expanding and needing a more comfortable outfit. But I just love the simplicity of it. It doesn't sound like much, and could look unbelievably uninspired if it weren't for the odd detail – a just-the-right-size sweater, a wet/rubber-look legging, a red lip, an on-trend ankle boot or wedge, the addition of a print scarf or statement jewellery. It's all about the details. It's personal touches like this that show you've put a bit of thought into it and stopped it becoming yawnsville. Well, hopefully, anyway. For all I know you started yawning at the word 'leggings' and couldn't even bring yourself to read further.

I reckon my main AW2010 catwalk inspirations for today's simplistic signature outfit have been Chloe, for this season's swathe of camel, Stella McCartney, for making a minimalist sweater and trousers combo so chic and smart, yet so easy, and a touch of Balmain for the edgy, rubber-look leggings vibe. I've stolen a piece from each and, as they say, made it my own.

Sweater, Uniqlo; leggings, King's Road; boots, Primark
Chloe AW2010
Stella McCartney AW2010
Balmain AW2010
 Pictures: Imaxtree

No comments:

Post a Comment