Wednesday 15 December 2010

Decorate yourself

We put the Christmas tree up at the weekend, and staring at all the sparkly baubles and decorations dangling from the branches made me want to adorn myself with similar shiny baubles, but of the costume jewellery variety, rather than merely swathing myself in tinsel garlands and hanging mini Santas from my earlobes. This time of year always brings out the magpie in me when it comes to jewellery choices, and I find myself lusting over anything with a giant rock or a bit of bling, and more often than not it has to be chunky and statement-making over more delicate pieces. Add some personality to a plain LBD with one fabulous standout piece, make bare arms more interesting by stacking up those cuffs or put the focus on a fantastic manicure by loading up on cocktail rings. It's Christmas! What better time to go totally OTT?

Clockwise from top left: bracelet, £10.50, Star by Julien Macdonald at Debenhams; cuff, £9.99, New Look; ring, £6, Boohoo.com; pendant, £30, Hed Kandi at Very; bracelet, £12.50, Evans; bracelet, £165, Bex Rox at Browns Fashion; ring, £8, Asos.com; cuff, £6, Boohoo.com; ring, £175, Monica Vinader; necklace, £10.50, Vicenza; ring, £75, Rodgers & Rodgers at Oliver Bonas; necklace, £25, Wallis; pendant, £6.99, New Look;

No comments:

Post a Comment