Thursday 16 December 2010

Converse love

Routing through my spare room the other day, I spotted my turquoise Converse and had a surge of longing for them. You know when you sometimes forget you own something as you haven't worn it for ages, then it's like having it new all over again (kind of). Anyway, I haven't worn them in ages, mainly because my feet have been trussed up in boots for most of this toe-freezing season, but I thought that now I'm the proud owner of Heat Tech socks, I could brave the Converse again.

Hoody, New Look; jeans and necklace, both Primark; trainers, Converse


I remembered that you can actually design your own Converse, too, but only on the US website and the selfish fiends don't deliver internationally. However, I had an indulgent 'fantasy Converse' moment anyway, and customised myself a crazy pair for viewing purposes only (below). It's quite addictive, even though you can't buy them.

Design Your Own Converse (with It's A Look tag near the heel!), $62, www.converse.com


And oh, Converse – joy of comfort-induced joys – means skinny jeans and a soft, brushed cotton hoody combo (in my book, anyway). But to add an edge to today's dressed-down outfit, I've popped on a multi-chain necklace for a little neck hardware, and am sporting a red lip. As regular readers will be aware, I do love mixing casual with dressy. Plus-One insider secret: I'm concealing the fact that I'm wearing an elastic hair band around my jeans button for extra stretch, as my bump is preventing me from doing the skinnies up comfortably these days. Unless I want to spend the day without sitting down, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment