Wednesday 13 April 2011

Easy monochrome

As much as I love an accessory – cocktail ring, chain necklace, hoop earrings, leopard scarf – there's something quite calming about a simple, pared down outfit. And you don't get more pared down than monochrome. I was tempted to jazz this up a little with some red lippy or fuchsia nails or a printed scarf, but then I thought, no, keep it clean. It kind of gives you a bit of a relaxed mind when you wear a minimal outfit – like the Zen you get when you've tidied your house and all the surfaces are clutter-free. OK, so colour brightens up neutrals and accessories add personality and interest, but sometimes you just need that easy, fuss-free Outfit Zen. So today I'm keeping a calm head with a simple billowy white shirt and my standard black leggings, with a tan loafer and a classic trench. Done. 

Trench, H&M; shirt, Primark; leggings, Topshop; loafers, Primark
 

No comments:

Post a Comment