Monday 17 January 2011

Red week!

After the phenomenal success of Leopard week (nothing like overselling yourself of a Monday morning), I thought I'd do another theme week based on one of my other favourite wardrobe staples - the colour red. Appropriately, I'm blending the two themes by kicking off with a combination of red with leopard today. As I've mentioned before, red and leopard go together beautifully, as do red and camel (which I'll be showcasing later in the week).

Red is just such an uplifting, vibrant colour, and teams well with denim, nautical stripes, black, white, grey, navy, polka dots... It's also associated with winning, strength, positivity and passion, so pick the hue that works for you - I love everything from pillar-box red to ravishing scarlet - and work it. Warning: this colour is not for wall flowers. It's all about making a statement.

Knitted dress, Primark; scarf, Avon; tights, Topshop; boots, Dune

No comments:

Post a Comment