Friday 21 January 2011

Red week: part 5

As red week draws to a close, I'm starting to run out of items in the required shade. But no fear! Red lippy is here! And a slick of glossy red lipstick likes nothing more than a chic, black backdrop to shine out against, hence my monotone outfit today of knitted LBD, black tights and shoes. For my lipstick, I've chosen Max Factor Lipfinity in 120 Hot, which involves applying the durable shade, allowing it to dry, then moisturising with a balm that comes with it. This two-step process ensures the colour stays on all day, and all you need to do is top up with the balm regularly, to stop the shade drying out and fading (Lipfinity is also anti-transfer, so prevents you leaving a big kiss mark on anyone's cheek).

It's simple, it's chic, and the flash of hot red stops me blending into the background in my safe black option. Plus, it makes me feel quite eveningy (it's a word...), so I may have Hubby take me out for a mocktail or two after work. Happy Friday everyone!

Publish Post
Dress, Primark; tights, Topshop; wedges, Primark
Max Factor Lipfinity in Hot

No comments:

Post a Comment