Tuesday 18 January 2011

Red week: part 2

Today I'm wearing a nice, simple stripy top and skinnies combo (which is actually a bit of a gamble, as I've found that at many magazines I freelance for, many opt for stripy-top Tuesday. Must be the need for something simple and stylish that doesn't take up too much brain power for the second day of the week). We'll see today whether I've inadvertently turned myself into an office clone.

The easiest, chicest shoe to wear with a stripy top and skinnies combo is the ballet pump, as it's got a taste of the Left-Bank about it, and as today's pump is a patent red one, in keeping with this week's theme, I've also added a dash of Riviera to my look. Which is obviously where I'd prefer to be today. So if a red dress or top is a bit too full-on for your taste, dabble in the scarlet seas with your accessories instead. Just gives your whole look a pop of interest I think. And, come on, red shoes? They always have a little feel of Dorothy about them, don't they?

Top, River Island; cardi, Primark; jeans, Dorothy Perkins; pumps, Barratts

No comments:

Post a Comment