Thursday 6 January 2011

Bump watch

I'm starting to struggle a little with my existing wardrobe now that my baby bump's starting to get bigger. It kind of takes you unaware, and all of a sudden the trousers that fit you two weeks ago don't do up at all and you're stuck in your bedroom with minutes to spare before heading to work, panicking about what the hell you're going to wear. Or at least I have been this week. So far, I've been coping with stretchy jersey dresses (top marks to Primark's stretchy knitted dresses in a variety of colours for £12 a pop - I'm wearing my stripy one below), not-too-tight leggings and jeans given an extra bit of waistline stretch with a sneaky hairband wrapped around the top button. This seems to be reaching its limit though, and I think it's time to start purchasing some proper maternity items, rather than cheating and being uncomfortable. Also, maternity clothes are cut to fit around your bump and still flatter the rest of your figure, whereas just wearing something loose from my current wardrobe often makes me look wide and feel hideous.

So, maternity-wear shopping it is! Otherwise you'll really not want me to post any more pics up on here, as I'll just be wearing man shirts/maxi dresses/my dressing gown every day.


Dressing round the bump:

Dress, Primark; maternity tights, Topshop; scarf, Avon; boots, Ugg


Sweater, Zara; trousers, H&M; scarf, Missoni; loafers, Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment