Wednesday 2 February 2011

Spring/summer brights

As I'm all ready to shed the dullness of winter and embrace the new season, it makes sense that I've already been looking forward to some of SS11's biggest trends, one of which is serious brights. Now I don't know if the designers were just as keen to shine some joy into the grey weather or if they were just totally over AW10's whole nude/camel vibe, but there's definitely a zingy colour palette awaiting us for the new season. And to be honest, as much as I love my camel, I'm more than ready to brighten up my wardrobe - even if it's just to throw in some splashes of colour around the maternity basics. 

Other than red, I don't actually own a lot of bright coloured clothing and am usually more partial to a minimal, neutral look, but I think it's about time for a mood-boosting  update. So I shall be taking some inspiration from the following, and making it bump-friendly where possible. What's more, Jil Sander kindly caters for my need for both brights and minimal, as well as my love of billowing maxis and a stripe - how thoughtful! Now to find the more affordable high-street versions...

Christopher Kane SS11
Marc By Marc Jacobs SS11
Jil Sander SS11
Prada SS11
Christopher Kane SS11
Jil Sander SS11

All pictures: Imaxtree/Elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment