Thursday 3 February 2011

Minimalist chic

While I'm loving the idea of some colour-bright updates for spring/summer, I won't be ditching my love of simple, clean lines and go-with-everything neutrals, as sometimes a minimalist outfit can just make life easier, more relaxing and fuss-free, not to mention as chic, timeless and classic as it gets. So, in order to balance the excitement of the almost-neon colour palette that awaits, I'll still be tempted by anything that looks like it was inspired by Calvin Klein, Celine or Stella. And Cos and +J at Uniqlo still manage to pull this off with aplomb (the 2011 +J collection hits Uniqlo today, fact fans). Plus, there's nothing stopping me mixing it up and offsetting a neutral base with a splash of colour, or wearing a minimal cut that's in a bright shade. See what I did there? I know, skills.

Calvin Klein SS11
Calvin Klein SS11
Celine SS11
Celine SS11
Celine SS11
Stella McCartney SS11
Stella McCartney SS11
Stella McCartney SS11

Cos: silk Tshirt, £89, trousers, £59
+J at Uniqlo: shirt dress (in store from 3rd Feb)
+J 2011 collection in stores today!!!


Catwalk pictures: Imaxtree/Elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment