Friday 18 February 2011

Easy on the eye

On the train on the way to work this morning, I spotted a girl wearing a navy coat and bright coral patent loafers. The two colours looked so crisp and vibrant together, and I have to say I really appreciate an aesthetically pleasing view of a morning, so thanks to the stylish lady in the loafers.

It got me thinking about other combinations I love seeing together – joining navy and coral/orange are camel with red; orange with fuchsia and stripes with leopard print; stripes with khaki; denim with tailoring. If ever I come across anyone sporting these winning duos, I always give them a celebratory round of applause in my head (because actually giving them a round of applause would probably scare them a little bit and look quite odd on the train/street/in the shampoo aisle of Boots).


Life can be made that little bit more beautiful with a well-chosen style combo. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you this Friday lunchtime.


Stylist Laura Fantacci, who writes the WIT blog, sports a navy blazer with a bright orange top
Me jazzing up a camel sweater with a flash of red lippy
Fuchsia clashing with orange on H&M's colour block dress, £24.99
Leopard print with stripes this winter
Khaki and stripes, from Scott Schulman's blog, The Sartorialist

No comments:

Post a Comment