Thursday 12 August 2010

What I learned from Grazia this week

I've been drowning in magazines this week (what a way to go...), so it's taken me a while to get round to reading The Bible. I have two Marie Claires, an InStyle and half an Easy Living to get through and then I may treat myself to this month's Vogue and Harper's. And maybe Red. Hmm, slightly obsessed. The flat's turning into a doctor's waiting room (albeit an up-to-the-minute and very stylish doctor's waiting room without the smell of Dettol or anyone coughing in your ear).

Back to Grazia. This week, alongside some lovely AW10 sneaky-peaks, I learned:

  • That I have developed (rather late) a mini style crush on Blake Lively and am berating myself for not having got on the Gossip Girl wagon yet (just shameful). DVD box-set alert! She's like the new Carrie. p12
  • That 'granny chic' will soon be upon us - mid-calf skirts, sensible shoes, long socks, matching knitwear and kitsch accessories. Marc Jacobs AW10 is a particular fave. So this means that drinking endlesss amounts of tea and always having biscuits on the go counts too, right? p30
  • That the Grazia girls also have Hangover Shoes. Of course they do. p25
  • That I may become dangerously obsessed with Chloe's AW10 leather cape. Oh. My. God it's gorgeous. Just to touch it... And coming in at over £9k, touching it will be all I can afford. p69
  • That Willow Smith - daugher of Will and Jada Pinkett Smith and the most achingly cool nine-year-old I've ever seen - employs the assistance of two stylists. Not just one, but TWO stylists! At NINE! If only they were around when I was nine. And that my parents had been as rich as the Smiths. p53
  • That pencil skirts are coming back next season. Which is handy, as I bought a houndstooth high-waisted one last AW from Zara and haven't really worn it yet. Must work out some outfit combos in readiness. p83
  • That NeuroTrim drink is the new Vita Coco, from a no-seriously-this-drink-will-make-me-slim point of view. Hmm, do natural-appetite-suppressant drinks actually work? Who knows. Will I still drink them? Well obvz. p95
That's all.

From Grazia 16 August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment