Tuesday 10 August 2010

Glam wellies

Did anyone see the Wedge Welly on Dragon's Den last night? It's on my mind as the heavens have opened here in London this morning and rain always throws me into a footwear dilemma, particularly as it's still 'summer' (apparently) and too warm for winter boots. Sandals would lead to instantly wet toes, ballet pumps would soak up all the moisture and stay damp and cold all day, then there's my Converse, but that means a whole different choice of outfit. Seriously, when you start with the footwear, your whole outfit needs to be re-thought...

Anyway, back to wellies. As practical as these gummy boots are, they're hardly the most glamorous of footwear (even my pink rose-print pair - I had to, I was staying with friends in the New Forest and there would be walking, I was told). The main reason for this is that they force you to walk like a flat-footed duck as you shuffle through the mud and puddles. However, add a heel (and no, I don't mean a normal heel or stiletto - have you seen heeled trainers and flip-flops? Ugh...) and suddenly you've regained height and have stopped scuffling around in an unladylike manner. Et voila, the Wedge Welly! Much more outfit-friendly than your standard gumboots. My faves are the Man Eaters. Check out the website, I think they're on to a winner there. 

www.wedgewelly.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment