Thursday 12 August 2010

Easy outfits

If ever I have a manic morning and don't have time to think about what I want to wear, my usual failsafe is a pair of skinny jeans, a Tshirt or top, a blazer and a pair of ballet pumps. It always looks smart but casual, and can take me near-enough anywhere. But when the weather's warmer, jeans are too hot and a blazer just too much. So today, while it is still a bit of a joke to call it 'summer' this week, I needed my failsafe outfit but one that was lighter and more seasonal. I swapped my skinnies for leggings and threw my husband's shirt over the top, for that smart/kind of tailored look you get from a blazer but cooler and more 'breezy' and summerish. I stopped it drowning me by adding a thin, tan leather belt (seriously, these babies pull EVERY outfit together), popped on my brown leather loafers to keep that smart edge (sometimes leggings can bring an outfit too close to lazy territory), and took a light trench along in case of summer showers. Easy, comfy, minimal, job done.

Men's shirt, Next; leggings, Oasis; Belt and loafers, Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment