Tuesday 28 September 2010

Comfy chic

I had a bit of a stressy day yesterday, so I wanted to make sure I was in better spirits this morning. I decided I needed a fuss-free outfit, as minimalism always seems to calm my forever-cuttered mind, and that I also needed to be comfortable. Sort of like clothing TLC, if you will. My first thought was my soft and slouchy grey cotton V-neck jumper from Gap (I seem to head for soft grey cotton when I'm feeling vulnerable, funnily enough - forget dream interpretation, outfit interpretation, anyone?). And as I was to be office-bound, I wanted to smarten it up, so I channelled Stella McCartney's AW10/11 vibe and teamed it with a tailored cropped trouser and a pair of courts. Actually, I moved away from the minimalism a tad by adding a gold chain necklace to bring some colour to my face, and plonking a glitzy cocktail ring on my finger. Also, my black suede courts have their very own 'ta-da!' feature, as the heels are mirrored.

Then I was prompted to do something a little different with my hair, as I spotted a reader in this month's Marie Claire wearing a glitzy headband (the stretchy kind rather than the Alice band type). I'd always wanted to try this but was never sure whether it was very me. In the interests of my very own readers, I thought I'd give the look a test drive today, and you can tell me whether it works or not.

It never fails to surprise me how an outfit can uplift your mood. The psychology of clothes is something I really want to have a nosey into. So for today, minimal, comfy chic has given me a relaxed, unfussy mind and body. Thank you Stella for your inspiration.

Stretchy sequined headband, Peacocks

Jumper and trousers, Gap; courts, M&S

  
Stella McCartney AW10/11


Shoes, M&S





Catwalk pic: Vogue.com



No comments:

Post a Comment