Tuesday 21 September 2010

NEW-SEASON SPECIAL!: The big cover up

Yes, the nights are drawing in, but what's the best bit about the new season? Apart from stodgy food, period dramas on the Beeb, Halloween, Bonfire Night, mulled wine... Ok, actually there's quite a lot that rocks about this season. But for the purposes of a style blog, I shall be focusing on coats. Because, while baring tanned skin against a summer's breeze is undoubtedly fabulous, there's nothing quite like snuggling up in a winter's coat (especially if it's a new-season buy and you're debuting it to the oohs and ahhs of your workmates). And there are so many options to choose from for A/W10/11, you'll be laughing into your sheepskin lining. Also, there's plenty of transitional fare out there while it's still mild enough to go sans scarf and gloves (lightweight trenches, denim jackets still holding on).

Therefore, in a special new-season post, I've decided to do a call-out to all of you who have either just bought a new coat, or who have a favourite that you can't wait to snuggle into each winter, or one that's a classic and never goes out of style. Take a pic of you in it, email it to lucy@lulabellestyling.co.uk, and I'll post my favourites on the blog. To start you off, I have the lovely Catherine and Louise modelling their new buys, as well as some pics of myself in coats from both this season and last season, including a couple of trusty favourites from a while back that never seem to date. Prepare for the big coat takeover.


Top to bottom: Zara belted puffa, £79.99, and below, its inspiration, the Moncler belted puffa, £740; Louise in her on-trend shearling aviator from TK Maxx, £300 reduced to £70!; me in a camel wool and cashmere mix Primark coat, £45; Catherine in her faux fur jacket from Portobello Market, £8!; me in my trusty denim New Look jacket, £20; and in my this-season trench from H&M, £29.99; Catherine in her on-season military number from M&S, £99; me in my favourite scarlet wool funnel neck coat from Gap, via the charity shop, £15; and in my heavy wool huge cocoony funnel neck coat from Joy, £90, which I regularly get a seat on the Tube with, due to its maternity likeness, but I don't care, it's so snuggly - it's all about hiding in the funnel neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment